It’s Day 4!
I’m sure this is the day you have been waiting for. It’s all about the money today. Below are some questions I get asked a lot and I wanted to discuss them with you.
But before we jump into the money, let me ask you; did you start your blog yesterday??
I sure hope so!
This is such an important step in the course. I want to help celebrate in your success by taking such a major step in your profitable blog journey. Make sure to join the Facebook group and post your success with hashtag #istartedablog with your blog name and what you blog about. I love celebrating wins!
By now you should have:
- A niche for your blog
- Your blog setup through Bluehost
I want to give you a quick overview on setting up your blog with WordPress. Once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty easy to use. To get started you will do the following:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard through Bluehost
- Go through each section to familiarize yourself with WordPress
Here are the most important sections you will use in your WordPress site which can be found on the left side of your menu.
Posts. Here you will find all your posts. You can also create new blog posts.
Appearance. This is how you design the look and feel of your site. You can customize your blog with the Appearance tool.
Settings. This is where you can add your personal details about yourself and your blog.
Pages. This is where all your main categories are housed. Your About Me page, Contact, Home page, etc. can all be found and created here.
WordPress may seem overwhelming but after you take time to familiarize yourself with the site, you’ll be fine. When I first started blogging I had no technical knowledge. Now I consider myself pretty knowledgeable just by learning and playing around in my WordPress dashboard. You’ll get the hang of it too in no time!
How do you earn money from a blog?
This is a question that I get asked a lot. A lot of people are unsure where money comes from when you start a blog. The answers are listed below as there are many different resources in which a blog can earn money.
- Affiliate Marketing – this source of income comes from a company (or sometimes another blogger) whose products you promote. They pay you a commission for referring customers to buy their products.
- Digital Products – this source of income comes from your own list of email subscribers who buy your digital products you sell on your blog. Types of digital products are eBooks, courses, templates, audio files, PDF’s, reports and more.
- Guest Blogging – you can get paid as a guest blogger by writing content for another site.
- Advertising – you can also get paid to rent out ad space on your blog to other companies who are looking to advertise to specific audiences.
- Email Marketing – you have a list of subscribers who you sell products and services to. You can sign up through Convertkit as your email service provider and get a free 14-day trial through my link here. These can be digital or physical products. To learn more about email marketing and growing your list, click here
- Webinars – with webinars, you can earn money by hosting a webinar and discuss your niche, product or service. At the end of your webinar, you sell your product or service to your audience.
Can new bloggers earn money from blogging?
Yes, absolutely! You don’t have to have a blog for years upon years before you start to make money. Everyone is different. You can start earning money as soon as you’d like. The key is having a system set in place to earn you money from your blog. There are new bloggers who are earning thousands of dollars per month by blogging. As long as you have the correct formula to put in place, you can earn money blogging.
How long does it take to start earning money blogging?
It depends on you. You can start a blog today and be setup this week to earning money. It depends on how determined you are with creating a blog and being on your path to financial freedom.
To earn money blogging, you first have to have the right mindset. You have to believe that you’ll earn money from blogging and have an exact number in mind as to how much money you’ll earn by a specific date.
Once you have that part down, you’ll want to take action. You’ll want to put steps in place to complete 1-3 goals a day on getting closer to creating your profitable blog. You’ll do this everyday until one day, you’ll look up and realize you’ve met your goal.
Earning money from your blog is something that can be worked on today. You just need to believe you can accomplish your goal and put action into the steps it takes to accomplish your goal.
Is making money from an eBook realistic?
Absolutely. If you are an expert in a specific niche and have expert advice to share with the world, you are in business. Selling eBooks is one way of earning passive income blogging. Once you create your eBook, you can list it on your blog and other sites, like Amazon Kindle, and begin to earn money from it.
There are a lot of people who are making a living by selling eBooks. This is definitely one of the ways I recommend for monetizing your blog. It’s a smart method for earning money while you sleep or do anything for that matter.
We’ll dig a bit deeper into passive income tomorrow and also talk about creating sales funnels. If you need help right away with any of these topics, feel free to email me. I respond to each and every email. I’m here to help.
#1 – Setup Your Email List
One of the most important things you can do is to setup your email list. Starting an email list is super important when it comes to earning money blogging. I recommend you sign up through Convertkit as your email service provider. It is what I use for my email lists and I love their service. You can sign up through my link to start a free 14-day trial to see if they are right for you. I also recommend signing up for my free course on starting and growing an email list from scratch, Back to Basics: List Growth, to build your list from 0 to 100 subscribers in 10 days. You can sign up for my course here.
#2 – Choose A Theme For Your Blog!
Once your blog is setup, you’ll want to choose a theme. This is the look and feel of your blog. If you’re looking for affordable themes, I suggest checking out Code + Coconut which have super affordable themes that are stunning. You can check them out here.
Well, that’s it for today. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s lesson on earning passive income.
P.S., if you haven’t already, join the private Facebook group! You’ll find so much value and plenty of opportunity to learn and connect with other bloggers.