New Delhi: Winter has here, and the drop in temperature and humidity can cause your skin to become parched and malnourished. The appropriate elements must be present in your routine since when the skin loses its natural moisture, it becomes dry and irritated. Additionally, it is the quickest approach to getting skin that is clearly supple and soft. You may have healthy skin all winter long by using the correct components, which not only hydrate your skin but also stop moisture loss and enhance the barrier function of the skin.
Here is a list of 5 ingredients that you should keep in mind if you want to win this game against winter skin woes.
1. Squalane: In skin care products it is primarily derived from plants such as olives and rice bran. Squalane is an oil, but despite this, it is not heavy or pore-clogging. It is a potent antioxidant that keeps dry, irritated skin safe from harm while softening, nourishing, and calming it. With its anti-inflammatory and anti-ageing benefits, squalane can help lessen swelling and redness. Because it works well on all skin types and virtually all skin issues, squalane oil is one of the best ingredients for skincare.
2. Hyaluronic Acid: It is one of the best skincare substances that one can use, particularly in the winter. All skin types can use this component because it naturally occurs in the skin. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that can hold 1,000 times its weight in water. Hyaluronic acid is a key component in many skin care products because it helps draw moisture to the skin’s surface, keeping it soft and supple.
3. Argon oil: It is extracted from the kernels of Argan trees. Argon oil has skin-softening properties and is rich in minerals and vitamins, so argon oil is used to counter the dryness of the winter season. Furthermore, despite being high in fatty acids and vitamin E, argan oil has a very light texture that absorbs into the skin without leaving it feeling sticky. Because of its smaller molecular formula, this oil penetrates into your skin much more easily to treat dryness from within.
4. Pataua oil: It is widely used in skin care as a nourishing moisturiser, and is highly helpful for those with ageing, oily, or seasoned skin and has excellent moisturizing properties to recover dry skin, through the formation of a lipid film on the epidermis. Pataua oil has also skin firming properties due to its rich vitamin E, vitamin A, and amino acid protein content. This oil is a powerful moisturiser with a high oleic acid content and special properties such as light texture and ease of absorption in the skin.
5. Avocado: Due to its essential oils, avocado is excellent for skin and hair in the winter. These oils aid in keeping the skin moisturised. The face and scalp can be nourished with avocado. During winter, you can apply mashed avocado on dry skin. A paste can be created in a similar manner and applied to your hair as well.