An business fashioned to assist make Centre County a primary vacation spot for marquee enjoyment and sports occasions recently introduced its 1st board of directors.
The Delighted Valley Athletics and Entertainment Alliance’s recently shaped board involves 19 users, with a mix of Penn Condition associates, sports activities and amusement field gurus and business enterprise and local community leaders.
“Happy Valley is poised to capitalize in bigger means on its very pleased sporting activities custom to turn into a premier sporting activities and leisure place,” Eric Engelbarts, who was appointed HVSEA executive director in April, stated in a statement. “Careful thought went into putting with each other a Board needed to additional go the needle and correctly compete for better stage sports activities and amusement offerings.”
Declared in 2021 by the Joyful Valley Adventure Bureau, HVSEA operates as a parallel, 501(c)3 nonprofit group with a different board that governs its exercise, with HVAB workers supporting the Alliance’s perform.
The Ironman 70.3 Pennsylvania Joyful Valley 70.3, which will return to Centre County for its next yr on June 30, 2024, and state star Luke Combs’ concert on April 24 at Beaver Stadium, are illustrations of the kinds of large-profile events the HVSEA wishes to draw in to the area, in accordance to Englebarts.
William Oldsey, Penn State trustee emeritus and retired president of McGraw-Hill Education, is chair of the HVSEA board.
“We have exceptional amenities. We have the infrastructure for and the practical experience in web hosting really substantial crowd events. Most importantly, we have visionary guys and ladies who realize the very long-term worth of pondering even bigger,” Oldsey stated. “I appear ahead to operating with Eric and the HVSEA Board to appeal to and correctly manage functions that will cement sports’ and entertainments’ financial contributions to the county for many years to occur.”
HVSEA Board Officers and Administrators:
- William Oldsey, Chair, Penn State trustee emeritus and retired president, McGraw-Hill Education and learning
- Adam Miller, Vice Chair, deputy athletic director for external affairs and engagement, Penn Condition Intercollegiate Athletics
- Jennifer Brooks-Stahl, Treasurer, general supervisor, Wyndham Yard State Faculty
- Randy Houston, Secretary, amusement attorney and previous Penn Point out trustee
- Pat Kraft, athletic director/vice president, Penn Point out Intercollegiate Athletics
- Char Morett-Curtiss, previous women’s industry hockey mentor, Penn Point out Intercollegiate Athletics
- Venkat Bendapudi, professor of small business administration, Penn State
- Charlene Friedman, chief fiscal officer, Condition School Downtown Qualities
- Heidi Nicholas, principal and proprietor, Nicholas Enterprises
- Scott Walker, president and standard supervisor, State College or university Spikes
- Al Karosas, govt director, Bryce Jordan Middle
- Jamie Bestwick, owner, Rothrock Espresso BMX freestyle expert and Olympic gold medal mentor
- Stephen Carpenter, dean of the Higher education of Arts and Architecture, Penn Point out
- Dan Wallace, director of advancement, Arrow True Estate Services
- Chris Magent, main running officer, Alexander Making Building
- Stefan Cherinka, spot supervisor, Shaner Inns
- Mark Higgins, chair, Centre County Commissioners
- Edward Tubbs, chief running officer, Hospitality Asset Management Firm
- Fritz Smith, president and CEO, The Delighted Valley Journey Bureau
The HVSEA board held its very first meeting on Sept. 7 The inaugural assembly “focused on introducing the group, electing officers, outlining governance and regulation, presenting strategic initiatives and generating a preliminary assembly program for the remainder of the 2023-24 fiscal calendar year,” in accordance to a news launch.